Meet the Locum Nurse Practitioner Earning $300,000 with lots of Travel in the U.S

The interview below with a nurse practitioner will inspire you to become a Nurse Practitioner and Double or triple your income.


Interviewer: Let's start off, are you a nurse practitioner?


Locum Nurse Practitioner: Yes, I am a nurse, actually, I’m a locum nurse practitioner so I travel for work.


Interviewer: How much money do you make per year as a nurse practitioner?


Locum Nurse Practitioner: So when I was a staff nurse practitioner starting out, I made $145,000 a year and now I make about $280,000 to $300,000 depending on how much I travel.


Interviewer: And how many years of experience do you have in this industry?

Locum Nurse Practitioner: Woo! Um, I have about 10 years as a nurse and I’ve been a nurse practitioner for about six to seven years.


Interviewer: What made you want to become a nurse practitioner? Tell us.


Locum Nurse Practitioner: So actually my family is full of a lot of nurses so I actually didn’t know about nurse practitioners when I started my career. So after I finished my bachelor’s, I looked into different avenues pursuing further education and I got my master’s degree to become a nurse practitioner. So I get to follow my passion with actually treating patients that I have more responsibility. I’m like the head of their patient care.


Interviewer: Do you enjoy being a nurse practitioner?


Locum Nurse Practitioner: Yes, I do.


Interviewer: Does it come with any challenges?


Locum Nurse Practitioner: I would say the challenges are really just being in charge of patient care. So it’s a lot of responsibilities, a lot of liability. But I really enjoy having those patient wins and seeing my patients be admitted and actually walking out of the hospital better than when they came.


In this interview, a locum nurse practitioner with 10 years of experience shared her journey to becoming a nurse practitioner, her salary, and the challenges and rewards of her job. She started as a staff nurse practitioner making $145,000 per year and now makes $280,000 to $300,000 per year depending on how much she travels. She has been a nurse practitioner for six to seven years and enjoys being in charge of patient care despite the responsibilities and liability that come with it.


To become a nurse practitioner, you need to complete a nursing educational program, become a registered nurse (RN), gain nursing experience, enroll in an NP program, earn your advanced practice nursing licensure in practical nursing, and get your first NP job. Nurse practitioners can supplement their income by teaching in adjunct positions in either higher education institutions or local healthcare facilities. Additionally, NPs may be able to earn more than average if they work in a state that authorizes them to prescribe medications.


If you are interested in becoming an NP and doubling your income, you should consider pursuing higher education in nursing such as an NP certification or licensure. This means earning a master’s or doctoral degree in an NP program as well as the certifications and licensures required for your area of practice. You can also consider side hustles such as telehealth or teaching to supplement your income.


I hope this interview with a locum nurse practitioner earning $300,000 in the U.S. inspires and helps you understand what it takes to become an NP and how you can double your income.

The Interview was picked from the Tiktok page about AmericanIncome:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discover Georgia: 10 Things You Need to Know About the Peach State

Meet the ER Doctor Earning $400,000-$450,000 per Year: Interview in Miami Florida

Where do travel nurses go? Travel nurse work environment salary & Future of Travel Nurses