Seizures: mental health experience with seizures and other complications while treating schizophrenia

I will give you my personal experience with  Seizures mental health experience with seizures and other complications while treating schizophrenia. I got seizures from mental health drugs that gave me a harrowing ordeal. 

In recent times, there has been a noticeable surge in a disconcerting trend—people seemingly eager to associate themselves with specific mental illnesses. It appears to be the latest fad, a curious inclination to declare proudly that one has sought therapy and received a diagnosis. As someone personally diagnosed with bipolar type one, ADHD, and severe anxiety disorder, I feel compelled to emphasize that there is absolutely nothing glamorous about grappling with a mental disorder.

My personal experience took a dark turn after I was prescribed a drug (I will not mention it here) but it was an exceptionally high dosage and had fatal side effects that the physician did not warn me about.


 This medication, typically used for treating schizophrenia and epilepsy, unraveled a series of distressing side effects. What becomes apparent is the diminishing presence of empathy within the medical profession. The doctor, while writing the prescription, seemingly disregarded the potential side effects, leaving the speaker to grapple with a loss of speech coherence, motor control, and the unsettling wobbliness of the legs.

After I was discharged, I made plans to attend a live music concert but I had reservations and doubts about whether I could enjoy the concert without the drug-inducing effects because I was already feeling overly tired before the event started. I invited a lady friend to accompany me to the concert and take care of me because she has been my close friend and understands my condition more than any other individual. A few hours into the show, the prescribed medication induced alarming facial muscle failure. Despite my reassurance to the friend not to panic, a sense of urgency set in as I realized that something was seriously amiss.

I notice a gradual failure in my facial muscles. I turn to her, urging her not to panic, but I convey the disconcerting reality—I find myself unable to muster a smile. Attempting to smile, I showcase the issue, articulating that something is amiss with my face as if a downward force is taking over. Sensing a potential crisis, I suggest we head to a hospital, concerned that something significant might be unfolding.


Her gaze meets mine, and she acknowledges the observable change in my facial expression. Swiftly, she rushes me to a nearby hospital, and amidst my plea for calm, I emphasize the urgency of the situation, sensing that something grave is transpiring. During this period, I experience mild seizures, yet I refrain from divulging this information to avoid inducing panic. Fortunately, the proximity of a mental hospital eases our journey and worries.

Upon arrival, the situation escalated into a full-blown seizure, marked by intense muscle contractions in my neck, creating an overwhelming sensation of impending doom. Amidst my cries for help, she frantically seeks attention from doctors and hospital staff, but regrettably, no one comes to our aid. Left in agony, I struggle to control my neck muscles and prevent myself from biting down on my own teeth, overwhelmed by a profound desire for relief from the pain, if not an end to the ordeal.

The ensuing visit to the hospital becomes a harrowing ordeal, marked by a full-blown seizure and a desperate plea for help. The lack of immediate attention accentuates the hidden struggles faced by individuals navigating mental health challenges.

Fortunately, I spot a nurse familiar with my previous hospitalization. It seems he works long hours, and as I scream his name, he promptly responds. The scenario unfolds as if my needs would have gone unaddressed without upfront payment. Urgently shouting his name, I express confidence that he will assist me in my distress. I implore for a stabilizing pill, but despite the attempt, stability eludes me. Desperate for relief, I plead with the staff for something to put in my mouth as I uncontrollably bite myself, causing bleeding.

In a plea for innovation, I request an improvised solution. A makeshift tool is crafted using a glove in a Serena, allowing me to bite down before receiving an injection. The presence of this nurse proves crucial; without him, timely attention would have been improbable. It remains uncertain if my situation is routine for healthcare professionals, but it unveils the concealed aspects of grappling with mental illnesses, aspects often left unspoken.

Reflecting on my lapse in medication, I revisit the doctor to recount the harrowing experience. Instead of offering explanations, he hands me his phone, instructing me to Google a specific term. The revelation of potential complications after the fact leaves me disillusioned, compounded by the suggestion to purchase an additional drug independently. This experience prompts a shift in my trust toward a healthcare system seemingly indifferent to my well-being.

There are several overlooked aspects of mental health, emphasizing the importance of empathy and understanding within the healthcare system. There is a lack of consideration for potential and urgent complications when administering medication, leaving me disillusioned with a system that seems to prioritize procedures over genuine care.

I acknowledge that there's nothing glamorous about the challenges posed by mental health issues. I express solidarity with those enduring their prescribed medications, recognizing the difficulty and occasional desire to surrender. Despite my skepticism, I am supportive of those facing mental health struggles and diligently adhering to their treatment. It is an arduous journey, and while there may be days of despair, there is power in perseverance.

drugs for seizures

can seizures cause mental disorders #seizures from medication #seizures from drug abuse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the Locum Nurse Practitioner Earning $300,000 with lots of Travel in the U.S

Discover Georgia: 10 Things You Need to Know About the Peach State

Meet the ER Doctor Earning $400,000-$450,000 per Year: Interview in Miami Florida

Where do travel nurses go? Travel nurse work environment salary & Future of Travel Nurses